To apply for a position listed below, please send your resume along with salary requirement by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to (337)235-4178.
No phone calls please.
*All full time positions are eligible for benefits* *AcadianaCares does not offer any remote positions, all work is on-site* *AcadianaCares proudly complies with all LDH Covid-19 guidelines*
Medical Director (full-time)
AcadianaCares seeks a full-time Medical Director to oversee clinical services at AcadianaCares’ Community Health & Wellness Center (ACCHWC), an FQHC Look-Alike providing comprehensive, culturally appropriate healthcare on a sliding scale, especially to those facing economic or social barriers to care. The Medical Director is responsible for leading clinical staff in the growing ACCHWC. This position ensures timely access to high quality medical care for ACCHWC patients through clinical improvements, supervision, and oversight of quality initiatives.
- Board-certified Family or Primary Care Physician or Internist with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Previous experience with HIV and infectious disease.
- Initially carry own malpractice insurance.
- Comfortable with electronic health records and practice management systems or willing to learn.
- Current license to practice medicine in the State of Louisiana.
- Valid DEA certificate.
- Successful completion of an accredited residency program.
- Administrative and supervisory experience.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Have a valid state driver’s license.
- Must legally be able to work in the United States.
Local non-profit seeks part-time Residential Recovery Technicians who are responsible for aiding the critical staff in implementing procedures and operating of the facility program. The Recovery Technicians are supportive staff that help keep order in the treatment facility.
- Perform hourly checks on clients throughout the day and night and documents observations.
- Works effectively as a team member in the delivery of care and assists in the orientation of new employees.
- Maintains a safe and attractive environment for clients and co-workers; transports clients as needed.
- Reports observations of each client to their respective case manager to assure ongoing care and assessment.
- May be required to work nonstandard work hours.
Education and Training
- At least a high school diploma is required.
- Previous hospital or clinic experience with acceptable references preferred.
- Some knowledge of addictive disorders helpful.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Valid Louisiana Driver’s License and automobile insurance required.
At AcadianaCares, we support the most vulnerable members of our community – those affected by HIV/AIDS, inequities in health care, substance use issues, poverty, and homelessness – as they seek to live healthier lives. We maintain a campus with onsite programs and services, including substance abuse treatment, housing and individualized case management. We also connect our clients to external financial, medical and social resources.
“Telling my family was the hardest thing. I mean, you’re 15 and you have to say, ‘I’m HIV positive.’ ”
— Ethan, an AcadianaCares client
Read Ethan’s story.
We are unable to respond to emergency needs. If you have a medical emergency, call 9-1-1 immediately.
MONDAY - FRIDAY 8AM–4:30PM
Clinic Hours of Operation: MONDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY 8AM–4:30PM • TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY 8AM–8PM
809 MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DRIVE • LAFAYETTE, LA 70501 • P: 337.233.2437
©2009–2023 ACADIANA CARES | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | FRAUD NOTICE